The settlement Makowisko was founded about 1700 and existed as a community with a school and a Kantor.
Religious services were initially provided from Iłów and later (after 1809) from the Lipno pastor.
A wooden prayer house was built in 1800.
About 1837/1838 the new parish of Rumunki Wola was founded (later renamed to Osiek nad Wisła and after that to Ossówka) which used the prayer room in Makowisko as a religious center. With the founding of this new parish the administration of this area by Lipno ceased.
In 1842 the School in Makowisko burned down and was immediately newly erected as a brick building by the initiative of Teacher and Kantor Johann Heinrich Tews.
In 1861 a parsonage was built in Ossówka. But it was 3 km distant of the prayer room at Makowisko.
The members of the parish of Rumunki Wola / Osiek nad Wisła / Ossówka could not find a consensus about the place where they would build a church (Ossówka or Makowisko).
In 1928 Makowisko became a Filial of the Ossówka parish and this led to the building of a church in 1931.
Former Lutheran church of Makowisko - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2005
The land the church was built on was a donation of the couples David and Justine Marecki and Michael and Anna Marecki all from Makowisko.
Today the church is used and maintained by the Catholik Church - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2005
In 1936 the Filial Makowisko turns into an independent parish.
In 1938 a parsonage was taken into use.
Pastor Hoffmann temporarily also administered Lonke, Orłowo and Lipno.
Eduard Kneifel: Die evangelisch-augsburgischen Gemeinden in Polen 1555-1939