During the 18th Century the number of German settlers in the area around Lipno steadily increased. Consequently many Lutheran villages were founded during that time period.
The first Lutheran parish was founded in 1793 in the village of Białowieżyn, 1.5 km south of Lipno.
On 24 September 1799 the Prussian administration in Płock moved the parish to Lipno.
A church was built in Lipno around 1800 or 1806.
Lutheran church at Lipno - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2005
The church still belongs to the Lutheran church of Poland - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2005
Between 1841 and 1850 several Polish Landholders took away the land that they had leased to the German colonists to make their own use of it or pass it over to Polish settlers instead. This happened for instance in Grabiny.
The affected German colonists were forced to move on and look for available land in other places. Consequently the number of members of the Lipno parish varied.
In 1858 there was a spatial restructuring of the Lipno and the neighboring Ossówka parish. The subsidiaries Łęg-Witoszyn, Bogucin and Fabjanki had belonged to Ossówka and then belonged to Lipno. The settlements Brzeźno, Sumin, Morgowo and Lubinek had belonged to Lipno and were then assigned to Ossówka.
In 1868 a new church was built after the old one had become ramshackle.
From the Barany and Grabiny communities 20 farmers joined the movement of the Fetlers (Lutheran Christians).
Eduard Kneifel: Die evangelisch-augsburgischen Gemeinden in Polen 1555-1939