Gostynin / Waldrode
20 km southwest of Płock
Karl Wilhelm Pastenaci (1825-1827/1828),
Johann Georg Seegemund (1828-1833),
Ludwig Otto Ehlers (1833-1841),
Karl Hermann Erdmann Cotta (1842-1858),
Eugen Albrecht Rosenberg (1858-1876),
Theodor Wosch (1897-1898),
Philipp Schmidt (1899-1932),
Eugen Wilhelm Jungto (1932-1939),
Otto Lipski (1940-1945)
1780-1800 German colonists settled in the Gostynin area (Deutsch-Mocker / Mokre Niemieckie H. earlier than 1795).
When after 1818 cloth workers from Poznań and West Prussia came to Gostynin, a new district, the "Neustadt" was founded.
1824-1825 a brick church and a wooden parsonage was built on a hill west of Gostynin, using the place and material of a ruined castle.
Former Lutheran church of Gostynin - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2005
Detail of Gostynin church - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2005
About 1830 the break out of Cholera caused many deaths.
1843 several colonies left the Gostynin parish to found their own parish in Nowa Wieś.
1876-1896 there was no pastor in Gostynin.
Nevertheless a new parsonage was built in 1883.
The emigration to Volhynia reduced the number of members of the community.
On 11 September 1925 the community celebrated it's 100th anniversary.
Eduard Kneifel: Die evangelisch-augsburgischen Gemeinden in Polen 1555-1939
© UpstreamVistula.org 2005