16 km east of Wyszogród on the left bank of the Vistula
Richard Schultz (1934-1940)
In 1777 the colony Deutsch-Wilków was founded. The pastors from Iłow covered also this area of German settlements.
In 1798 there were German Lutheran schools mentioned for Secymin, Famułki and Myszory.
After the community of Wyszogród was founded in 1805 the center of religious activities moved to Wyszogród.
In 1846 the Lutherans from Secymin, Kromnów, Famułki, Gniewniewice, Wilków and Myszory formed a Filial of the Wyszogród community.
There was no church - only wooden prayer houses in the separate villages.
During the First World War except for 375 all German members of the parish were deported to Russia. The survivors returned in 1918.
The archive of the parish, the church books and all registry documents were destroyed. )*
In 1923 the foundation stone for the church was laid. The church was finished approximately in 1925.
On 1 April 1934 Secymin became an independent parish.
A parsonage was built in 1935-1936.
Church at Secymin - Photo by: Marcin Zamorski, 2004
Cemeteries were located in: Secymin, Wilków, Gniewniewice, Kromnów, Famułki, Władysławów, Myszory, Karolinów, Piaski, Mała Wieś and Grochale.
Cemetery at Secymin - Photo by: Marcin Zamorski, 2004
Cemetery at Secymin - Photos by: Marcin Zamorski, 2004
)* E. Kneifel probably means that part of the Church Books were destroyed. The LDS filmsearch page shows records for Secymin for 1850-1903. -- J.D.
Eduard Kneifel: Die evangelisch-augsburgischen Gemeinden in Polen 1555-1939
© UpstreamVistula.org 2005