Płock / Schröttersburg
The former Lutheran church in Płock - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2003
On the right bank of the Vistula
Johann Daniel Hellmann (1804-1808),
Johann Karl Hevelke (1808-1836),
Ignatius Karl Wilhelm Boerner (1836-1896),
Oskar Kleindienst (1897-1913),
Robert Gregor Gundlach (1916-1934),
Adolf Schendel (1935-1939),
Adm. Waldemar Oswald Falkenhagen (1939)
Belltower - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2003
Already in 1237 the city of Płock showed a significant number of German inhabitants.
An increase of German settlements happened during the time of the Prussian administration after the 3rd Polish Partition in 1795.
In 1797 the first Prussian founding of a colony happened near the village of Maszewo in the vicinity of Płock. 149 Families formed the new place called Kolonja Schröttersdorf.
The Lutheran parish of Płock was founded in 1804 by the Prussian authorities.
The Prussian authorities left the church of the former Dominican Monastery from the 17th century and an additional building to the new parish.
Parsonage - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2003
The parsonage was built in 1854.
On 29 September 1929 the parish celebrated its 125th anniversary.
The Lutheran Cemetery is located in the western part of Płock.
Today ul. Kazimierza Wielkiego 39.
Entrance to the Lutheran Cemetery - Photo by: Jutta Dennerlein, 2003
Schools were founded:
1805 in Płock,
1825 in Maszewo
1828 in Powsino,
1834 in Nowe Boryszewo,
1837 in Białkowo,
1840 in Karwosieki and Podolszyce,
1842 in Białobrzegi,
1860 in Liszyno,
1909 in Bronowo und
1911 in Bielino.
Eduard Kneifel: Die evangelisch-augsburgischen Gemeinden in Polen 1555-1939
© UpstreamVistula.org 2005