Ossówka (Osówka) / Espe
16 km northwest of Lipno
Alexander Tetzner (1847-1849),
Heinrich Leo Tochtermann (1849-1902),
Guido Robert Thaddäus Radasewski (1904-1908),
Dr. Lucjan Lewandowski (1925-1939 and after 1945),
Guido Missol curate (1942-1945)
Early German settlements in the Ossówka area were:
Bógpomóż / Althelfgott (1616),
Włęcz / Lentzen (1630),
Łęg-Osiek / Osieker Lengden (1731),
Rybitwy (about 1700),
Łęg H. (1740),
Wilcze Kąty / Wolfswinkel (1740),
Makowisko (about 1700).
1837/1838 these and other colonies joined to form the parish Rumunki Wola (later also called Osiek nad Wisła, then Ossówka). Up to 1847 Rumunki Wola was administered by Lipno.
The first pastor was Alexander Tetzner. He first lived in Osiek nad Wisła, then moved to Makowisko.
Since 1861 there was a stone parsonage in Ossówka.
There was a strong disagreement within the parish about the place where the church should be built. So the already collected money for the building of the church was lost after the First World War.
In 1928 Makowisko became a Filial of the Ossówka parish and this led to the building of a church in Makowisko 1931.
To prevent that more and more members of the parish joined the "Freikirche", in 1928 Brzozówka and in 1930 Skrzypkowo-Jackowo also became Filials of the Ossówka parish.
In 1936 the branch Makowisko became an independent parish.
Since the village Ossówka was located within the area of Makowisko, the parsonage of the Ossówka parish now also was located within the area of the Makowisko parish.
The parish of Ossówka consisted then of 8 "Kantorate": Liciszewy, Łęg-Osiek, Gnojno, Włęcz, Wilcze Kąty, Rybitwy, Bógpomóz and Brzeźno.
Eduard Kneifel: Die evangelisch-augsburgischen Gemeinden in Polen 1555-1939
© UpstreamVistula.org 2005