Dobrzyń nad Wisła / Dobrin an der Weichsel
28 km North-West of Płock at the right bank of the Vistula
The Filial (branch parish) Dobrzyń nad Wisła was created in 1838 by Superintendent Boerner from Płock.
In the early times there was no church building and no prayer house.
After the Kantorat Głowina was founded in 1870 the branch was moved to Głowina.
There were three school and prayer houses in Głowina, Klein-Lenie / Lenie Małe and Krzyżanowo.
The school and prayer house of Głowina was consecrated in 1873.
The estate Klein Lenie / Lenie Małe had been bought by settlers who originated from Dobiegniewo, Kreis Włocławek. They transformed it to a colony. The school and the prayer room was built in 1875.
In 1851 the Kantorat Krzyżanowo was founded.
The pastor from Płock provided church service once per month either in Głowina or in Klein-Lenie / Lenie Małe.
During the First World War 299 Lutherans were deported to Russia. Only 257 came back.
Eduard Kneifel: Die evangelisch-augsburgischen Gemeinden in Polen 1555-1939
© UpstreamVistula.org 2005