East of Gostynin there is the area of a psychiatric hospital. Within the area of the hospital there is an old cemetery. The cemetery is fenced in by a wooden fence and shows many wooden and iron crosses. It is the cemetery of the hospital. The hospital has been taken over by the German administration in March 1940. A name plate at the entrance of the cemetery shows the names and the years of death of the patients who died 1940/1941 in custody of the Gestapo
It is not clear if those persons were mental ill people who became the victims of the misguided euthanasia program, which the Nazis had set up for ”un-worth” living, or if they were simply Polish refugees who had escaped to the hospital.
It seems that at the same time the hospital accommodated an organization which kept up an arms cache of the Armija Krajowa and distributed a forbidden newspaper.